The Author’s House Hails Ronnie Barker’s Linguistic Dexterity


I have written a number of articles for AuthorHouse wherein I have referred to using humor in your writing to keep your readers engaged. That is all well and good in theory, but the tricky part is trying to come up with some funny examples. I have to admit that I am not a writer of comedy, so this is not as easily done as it is said.

Anyway, I was chatting to a friend of mine about our favorite comedians, when it hit me. I had one of those Eurika! moments. One of my favorite comedians is an Englishman named Ronnie Barker. Sadly he has now passed, but you make know him from an extremely popular British TV comdy program called The Two Ronnies. (If you are a Brit, you will defintely know who I am talking about)

Anyway, the reason I like Ronnie Barker so much is because of the way he is able to play with the English language to hysterical effect. He truly was a wordsmith as well as a comedian.

So, I am writing this blog post as a tribute to Ronnie Barker and also so that I can reference it anytime I am talking about injecting humor into your writing in an AuthorHouse writing tips article. Read more 






  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment