AuthorHouse Releases NFL Superstar Dan Pastorini’s Personal Memoir

“Taking Flak, My Life in the Fast Lane” Candidly Recounts the Thrilling Life Story of Houston Oilers Superstar Quarterback and Drag Racing Icon




Bloomington, Ind. (PRWEB) February 03, 2012

AuthorHouse Publishing, the leading provider of self-publishing and book marketing services for authors around the globe, welcomed NFL superstar, Dan Pastorini, to its roster of iconic sports figures. Collaboratively written with “Sports Illustrated” contributor, John P. Lopez, Pastorini shares his life-story for the first time in “Taking Flak, My Life in the Fast Lane,” recently released via AuthorHouse, in time for football’s big game.

Pastorini’s story is that of a gifted, hard-driving kid from California who never stopped going fast or chasing his dreams. The book allows fans to follow the life of one of the toughest men in football, who is credited for changing the way quarterbacks played the game. After having his NFL career cut short from a tragic injury, his fearless and competitive spirit prevailed as he went on to dominate in the drag racing world, just as he had done in football. However, his life didn’t just revolve around his impressive sporting achievements; it is also a cautionary tale of the temptations professional athletes can face as celebrities.

“Many people think because you're a celebrity, your life is wonderful and you have the world by the tail," said Pastorini. "My friends in the past have often asked why I hadn't written a book. Frankly, I never thought my life was that interesting until John Lopez convinced me otherwise. I agreed to collaborate with him on this book with the understanding that I wanted to be totally honest in doing so i.e., "I did inhale and I did have sex with those women."

"There were surreal moments, and some fond memories shared as well. The deeper John went, the harder it was for me to answer his questions, but I did it. I am human. I've had fun and I've had heartache. I've made mistakes. It was a cathartic journey and I'm glad I did it. The duality of a private man and celebrity is a fine line. My biggest reward comes from those who have read "Taking Flak" and thanked me for my honesty in that it has helped them face their own demons and changed their lives.” 


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment